RFC: rpm auto-glib version enforcement

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Sun Mar 20 21:13:15 UTC 2005

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 15:48:23 -0500, Gene C. wrote:
> Somehow, there needs to be education that taking packages from up-level (e.g.,
> rawhide) to be run on a down-level system MUST be rebuilt on the down-level
> systems.

Well, or we could fix the problems that make it hard to build on newer and
run on older. This isn't rocket science, nor is it a problem that affects
Windows developers.

In other words this isn't some fundamental unchangeable thing, it's just a
side effect of eg, not using versioned headers, library instability
(fortunately not affecting the GTK/GNOME stack) etc etc.

thanks -mike