Status of USB install support in FC4 Test1?

Ralf Ertzinger fedora-devel at camperquake.de
Mon Mar 21 23:08:18 UTC 2005

Hi.

Pete Zaitcev <zaitcev at redhat.com> wrote:

> Also please pardon me asking, but why would you want this? It sounds
> like a crackpot idea to me. Do you want to have something like Fedoppix
> on a USB flash key? I am very interested to know what is the intended
> application of such install.

Well, per se there is nothing wrong with disks in external enclosures,
is there? Assume I'd like to install FC on an Mac Mini, using an external
large disk (be it USB or FireWire) for the Linux install and keeping
the internal disk for OSX?

--
Trust the computer industry to shorten "Year 2000" to Y2K. It was this
kind of thinking that caused the problem in the first place.