Rawhide NetworkManager

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Tue Mar 22 06:06:53 UTC 2005

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005, David Cary Hart wrote:
> Is NM still dependent upon Bind? Does it still silently clobber resolv.conf?
>
> README: At this time, it does not support static IP addresses on
> network interfaces, and requires DHCP to be used instead.

The readme is wrong...

> NEWS: Support static IP addresses, Dan Williams
>
> I assume that "NEWS" is correct. OTOH then wouldn't it be preferable to use static IPs on the devices?

So yes, we do honor distro-specific static IP config files, _except_ for DNS
entries in resolv.conf, mainly because nobody has figured it out yet.  We need
to know which file NM should copy the DNS info from (on Fedora, where does the
information entered into the DNS tab of system-config-network get stored, and
how do you change it for multiple profiles?).

Dan