LDAP

Roland Käser roli at israel-jugendtag.ch
Tue Mar 22 16:07:53 UTC 2005

Hello

 > Are you advocating the elimination of /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow
 > altogether, or just storing all user accounts in LDAP?

No, I don't wanna "switch" to LDAP. I suggesting only to have an
installation option under "Authentification configuration" to install an
LDAP Server instead of using /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow. Not as an
average replacement just as an installation option such as using
winbindd, NIS, or Kerberos in case of installing a network server to
have these work on the ldap server done by the installation rater than
doing it later by hand.

Roland