rawhide report: 20050319 changes

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Mar 22 22:52:58 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-03-21 at 19:01 -0800, Anthony Green wrote:
> jsch is a library (not command line tool) used by two large
> applications in FC: ant and Eclipse.

Is this what's responsible for the Eclipse ':extssh:' CVS access method
which ignores the ProxyCommand and other directives in my ~/.ssh/config
and the keys in my ssh-agent, and which isn't Kerberos-enabled even
though the version of OpenSSH installed on the system is? Why is this
any better than using the real OpenSSH client?

I thought we had a brand-new policy of "no duplicate functionality",
which we've even taken to the extent of dropping packages which overlap
but still provide functionality which isn't available elsewhere.

What is the overriding reason for providing _this_ particular
duplication, in violation of that policy? Are we actually _serious_
about that policy? We don't seem to be being very consistent about it.

--
dwmw2