Self-Introduction: Aaron VanDevender

Aaron VanDevender sig at netdot.net
Wed Mar 23 21:19:53 UTC 2005

I would like to see packages for JACK, rose garden, pitivi, transcode,
maybe even some low-latency kernel stuff, cinelerra, maya, CinePaint,
and OpenEXR. Basically, things you need to create sound and video, from
lowlevel device stuff, to libraries, on up to end user applications.
Obviously which packages to include will require some good judgment with
respect to MP3, CSS and some of the more legally dubious standards, but
there is still a whole bunch of good patent free multimedia stuff out
there, especially things which are based on gstreamer where the
troublesome codecs can be factored out, and possibly added in later if
need be.

sig at netdot.net
Plead the First.