problem with updated yum...

Kaspars kaspars at os.lv
Thu Mar 24 15:36:04 UTC 2005

  Hi,

  I don`t know it is correct list for q. if not sorry, I reply to pointed...
  So problem is with yum... I installed new fresh FC3 and wanted to update:
[root at os root]# yum -y update
Setting up Update Process
Setting up Repos
Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: base

ok, I search, found the problem mostly depend on that I don`t have
correct DNS server... (and there is now nice button in network to save
dns changes, only network ip).

So it started to work... but then I don`t have connection to
international trafic (yea, I live in coutry where international and
local trafic is different prices :) and I use proxy to get updates...
So again it is not working. what I do:
#http_proxy="http://proxi.ip:port/"
#yum -y updated
Becouse I like to automated what I do again sometime, I put in script:
#!/bin/sh
http_proxy="http://proxi.ip:port/" && yum -y updated
I run script and now it working :)
strange..
maybe there is problem with new updated bash?
I like to understand what is problem...

thanks,
Casper