Yum sessions?

Greg Bell gregbell at znet.com
Thu Mar 24 20:47:02 UTC 2005

I've been reading some threads on (and experiencing) yum's slowness.  Not
sure if its been suggested yet, but could yum be session based?  If after
all the time-consuming on-disk cache reading (MD Read #### ), yum gave a
command prompt, I could yum list, yum info, and finally yum install, all
with only one read of repository metadata from local files...

This would also make yum play nice with a GUI.

Just a suggestion.  Thanks for all the hard work developers!

~Greg Bell