RFC: Optimizing for 386 (Part 2)

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 16:22:09 UTC 2005

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 09:34:08 -0600, Derek Moore <derek.p.moore at gmail.com> wrote:
> He's not the only one that believes compiler optimizations have an
> effect at runtime (if he was, Gentoo wouldn't exist).

I believe that a diet of nothing but krispy kreme doughnuts will help
me lose weight and reduce my blood pressure.  I 'feel' lighter and my
blood 'feels' less pressurized when i squeeze my arm with my hand.
I'm waiting to get a full physical after my diet book hits the best
sellers list and my diet has become a fashionable nationwide fad.

Its hard to take anybody serviously who references 3rd party "studies"
without an attempt at citation. If he's read these studies and they
are publicly available for review, then they should be citable if not
directly linkable. If only red hat's internal benchmarks were
publishable, a lot of the noise surrounding this issue would
evaporate.

-jef"my blood doesn't 'flow'.. its more like a syrupy ooze"spaleta