glibc-kernheaders not enough

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Mon Mar 28 08:42:02 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-03-28 at 09:45 +0200, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-03-27 at 20:56 -0800, Florin Andrei wrote:
> > Apparently, the kernel headers provided with Fedora are not enough in
>
> the assumption that they are kernel headers is not right

<sigh>

Arjan, do you know the joke with the helicopter pilot flying through the
fog nearby the Microsoft campus? (*)

Anyway, what i'm saying is, you pointed out all i did wrong, but offered
nothing towards solving the problem i raised.
If you look at the snort-inline FAQ i posted, they solve the problem by
unpacking the kernel source, moving /usr/include/linux off the way and
replacing it with parts of the kernel source. I was saying that this is
a very ugly thing on an RPM-managed system and i asked what is
considered "best practices" in such cases on Fedora.

(*)
Pilot: "Where am i?"
Guy at window in a tall building: "In a helicopter, flying through the
fog."
Pilot: "Oh thanks, now i know this is the Microsoft campus."
Guy: "How did you figure?"
Pilot: "You offered me an answer that was perfectly true, yet perfectly
useless."

No offense, i hope. :-)

--
Florin Andrei