Fedora 4 XEN and Kernel 2.4xenU

Paul Iadonisi pri.rhl3 at iadonisi.to
Thu Mar 31 19:11:01 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-31 at 21:10 +0200, Roland Käser wrote:
> Hello
>
> No, what I ment, is that the xen distro from camebridge brings patches
> for kernel 2.9.10xenU and 2.4.29xenU. Shouldn't these are be part of
> FC4? Not only the 2.6 kernels.
> In many cases there are complex installations on Redhat 8 or 9 which
> should be integratedable into a server consolidation.

  Hmm, I hadn't thought of that.  But as desirable as that sounds, I
strongly suspect that this would increase the complexity of kernel
building and maintenance for FC4 and beyond.  If there's much demand for
it, it could be picked up by one of the alternative repositories (some
of them, if I'm not mistaken, collectively known as rpmforge, now).

--
-Paul Iadonisi
 Senior System Administrator