Request for Testing of Installer X Configuration on PPC

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue May 3 16:16:32 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-03 at 12:04 -0400, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> The problem is that adding a "if this looks like this, and this looks
> like this and this looks like something else" to do a workaround like
> not specifying the modes does *not* lead to the code being maintainable.
> It's already bad enough, there's no need to make things worse. :-)

The logic I was thinking of would be "If we have information about
supported modes, then specify a mode. Else keep quiet and let X work it
out for itself".

> But, doing a hack to look at the fb mode on ppc and try that resolution
> probably isn't terrible to do in anaconda [1].

Does it need to be ppc-specific? If DDC fails, just try to get a sane
modeline from the framebuffer.

>  I'm afraid it still isn't going to help with some of the radeon
> problems, though :/

See separate mail re the dynamic clock lockup.

--
dwmw2