Firefox etc. default homepage

Arjan van de Ven arjanv at redhat.com
Sun May 8 11:05:31 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-05-08 at 12:53 +0200, Kyrre Ness Sjobak wrote:

> - Homepage should be a local file, as we cannot thrust Internet/DNS/etc.
> to be working, as the user migth see and error message "cannot connect
> to host blah blah".
> - Release notes should be easily accessable
> - Release notes should probably not be the #1 documentation shown
> - Documentation/release notes should be easily accessable from somewhere
> else, as users tend to change their homepage
> - Don't give users info they haven't asked for
>
> Any big disagreements? What should be done (should anything be done)?

if there was a very nice "welcome to fedora, click on any of these
links ..."

where the links are about things like the release notes, getting started
with fedora desktop, setting up internet access with fedora and maybe 2
or 3 more, it'd be mightily cool :)
To keep it comprehensive I suspect 5 or 6 is the hard limit on the
number of these links.