Dell/Adaptec Raid Controller(aacraid)

Paul A. Houle ph18 at cornell.edu
Mon May 9 13:43:37 UTC 2005

On Fri, 6 May 2005 17:58:24 +0100, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com>
wrote:

> If your running RH AS this is an issue for those mailing lists or
> RedHat support. This is a list for Fedora development. Fedora doesn't
> even support the 2.4 kernel anymore.
>
> Peter

	Well,  after buying RedHat through a major computer vendor,  I was quite
suprised to find that Red Hat support wouldn't talk to me -- rather I'd
have to get a difficult heisenbug fixed by a bunch of support people who
didn't have a clue and who returned phone calls and emails about 30% of
the time.

	Given those kinds of experiences with a product that costs > $1000,  it's
just a fact that some people are going to try every unconventional channel
to get support possible.

	We're installing RHEL 4 AS on a production server that just got racked.
With the experiences we've had with RHEL 3 reliability and support,  we
wouldn't even consider RHEL 4 if we didn't already have a site license.