Thunderbird maildir manipulation error

Gianluca Sforna giallu at gmail.com
Wed May 11 10:46:57 UTC 2005

Hi,
I am going to submit a bug for thunderbird and, since I have not
installed anything newer than FC3, I would like to ask your help for
testing this in FC4test and/or rawhide.
The bug is related to maildir manipulation (using Dovecot IMAP
server); here are the steps to reproduce:

1. create a "test" folder
2. create a "test2" subfolder inside "test"
3. try to move test2 to the top level

With the installed thunderbird-1.0.2-1.3.2 I got this error:

The current command did not succeed. The mail server responded: Mailbox exists..

just to be sure this problem was not related to the server, I tried
with evolution (evolution-2.0.4-4) and it works as expected, that is,
the folder is successfully moved.
I will report this against the FC3 version of thunderbird unless
someone can confirm the same error appears in more recent versions.

Cheers

Gianluca