Converting UNO packages to .rpm format?

M. Fioretti mfioretti at mclink.it
Thu May 12 11:56:52 UTC 2005

Greetings,

there is a discussion going on at discuss at openoffice.org about how, in
general, OO.o add-ons should be packaged for Linux: UNO format,
.rpm/deb/ etc... and who should do it. In that context, I asked how to
distribute add-ons (macros, templates, clip-art, patches, whatever) in
such a way that they can be directly used by others to create native
Linux packages in whatever format.

Among other comments, I got the following comments:

>I think Linux distributors should figure out if there is anything that
>provents them from wrapping UNO packages into native packages. I would
>imagine that to be rather simple.

and:

>The UNO package manager is documented in the UNO developers guide
><http://api.openoffice.org/DevelopersGuide/DevelopersGuide.html>

Before going further on this track, I wanted to know if there already
is some Fedora developer/packager who has studied this in detail, and
has comments on this. Specifically, does anybody already has
experience in converting (automatically) those packages to .rpm for
Fedora, and integrating them in the whole system?

TIA,
	Marco F.

--
Marco Fioretti                    mfioretti, at the server mclink.it
Fedora Core 3 for low memory      http://www.rule-project.org/

Real Programmers don't play tennis, or any other sport that requires
you to change clothes.  Mountain climbing is OK, and real programmers
wear their climbing boots to work in case a mountain should suddenly
spring up in the middle of the machine room.