Whither nedit?

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Fri May 13 03:09:17 UTC 2005

Ian,

> I just noticed that nedit is no longer present in Fedora Core 4 test 3.
> Is there a plan to bring it back or move it to Fedora Extras?  (I would
> gladly volunteer to maintain a Fedora Extras package.)

If you read the RELEASE_NOTES_en you'll notice that nedit is listed in
Packages that have be moved out of core.

A quick look at
ftp://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/development/i386 shows that nedit isn't in extras (yet) so I'm sure you would be most welcome to offer to maintain it in extras.

You'll need to sponser the package, but I'm not sure on the mechanics of
how this works.  Hopefully someone will point you in the right
direction.

R.

 It's much better on my side"