Update / Install CDs

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Mon May 23 23:15:03 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-23 at 21:17 +0100, Paul wrote:
> Can we please have an option when updating (or installing fresh) not to
> install every language pack under the sun for OOo? I've just done an
> update and have spent the last 10 minutes or so ditching the lot. I have
> no problems including the $LANG language pack, but why in the UK would I
> want the rest?!

Paul,

Bugzilla this, but it may not happen.

I'm assuming that you've updated from FC3 to FC4test.  OOo in FC3
included all the languages as part of a single rpm package.  They've
been split up in FC4's OOo, but the upgrade path isn't that clear given
that you're going from all languages supported to ???

It might be that the installer could use languages selected during the
upgrade to short list what OOo installs, but this wouldn't help for
people upgrading using yum, or manually upgrading (neither is
recommended, but it does happen a lot).

I can assure you that installing a fresh copy of FC4test3 sees only the
language packs you've selected installed, and not every language pack.

Rodd

 It's much better on my side"