Where should the modular X11R7 fonts get installed to?

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Sun Nov 6 22:27:15 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-11-06 at 21:47 +0000, Willem Riede wrote:
> On 11/06/2005 12:37:42 PM, Mike A. Harris wrote:
> > Michael A. Peters wrote:
> >>
> >> They can also be blacklisted in new fontconfig
> >
> > Blacklisted on a directory by directory basis, or file by file?
> >
> > How do the blacklists get maintained as new font files/dirs get
> > added?
>
> Is there a blacklist.d/ ? On the other hand, if only the legacy bitmaps need
> blacklisting, would the blacklist ever change?

Doesn't MacOS and MacOS X have a nice config tool that lets users select
what fonts the system loads?  Could we do something like this (with some
well pick default enable, disable options).

It would be even better if it was done in such a way that font's that
are called, but not loaded get loaded so that that user doesn't need to
worry about apps that call for fonts that they've disabled.

R.
 It's much better on my side"