Dependency problems not reported

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 14:25:34 UTC 2005

On 11/16/05, Steve G <linux_4ever at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Ever since the openssl upgrade last week, I have not been able to run "yum
> update" and have it actually update the system. I looked at it and I see
> dependency problems that are not being reported by the rawhide report:

You have to be careful and know how to distinquish errors on your
system that result when a package is removed from rawhide and is no
longer recieving development updates.

> Error: Missing Dependency: xorg-x11-devel is needed by package openmotif-devel
reported in rawhide report: 20051116 changes

> Error: Missing Dependency: libcrypto.so.5 is needed by package iiimf-libs
iiimf-libs is no longer in the rawhide tree, so that would explain a
lack of report

> Error: Missing Dependency: libssl.so.5()(64bit) is needed by package iiimf-libs
> Error: Missing Dependency: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XKeysymDB is needed by package
> openmotif
reported in rawhide report: 20051116 changes

> Error: Missing Dependency: libXv.so.1 is needed by package HelixPlayer
I don't understand why you have this error.
libXv-0:0.99.1-2.i386  in today's tree provides  libXv.so.1 so
HelixPlayer package doesn't appear to be missing any deps at the
moment
And considering that gstreamer-plugins also requires libXv.so.1 i find
it odd that you wouldn't get an error about gstreamer-plugins as well.
I can't seem to reproduce the Helix error.

> Error: Missing Dependency: xorg-x11-devel is needed by package Xaw3d-devel
reported in rawhide report: 20051116 changes

> Error: Missing Dependency: xorg-x11-devel = 6.8.2-62 is needed by package
> xorg-x11-deprecated-libs-devel
xorg-x11-deprecated-libs-devel was removed from the tree so hence no
rawhide report about its missing deps

> Error: Missing Dependency: libssl.so.5 is needed by package iiimf-libs
iiimf-libs is no longer in the tree

> Error: Missing Dependency: libssl.so.5 is needed by package w3c-libwww
> Error: Missing Dependency: libcrypto.so.5 is needed by package w3c-libwww
w3c-libwww removed from the tree

> Error: Missing Dependency: libcrypto.so.5()(64bit) is needed by package iiimf-libs
iiimf-libs removed from the tree

-jef