Dependency problems not reported

Steve G linux_4ever at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 16 14:45:34 UTC 2005

>You have to be careful and know how to distinquish errors on your
>system that result when a package is removed from rawhide and is no
>longer recieving development updates.

There are packaging problems not being reported by the automatic rawhide report.
The Obsoletes tag is supposed to take care of this removal or upgrades may not
work correctly. Not sure if there's a way to automatically detect that Obsolete
tags are not covering everything they need to.

>I don't understand why you have this error.
>libXv-0:0.99.1-2.i386  in today's tree provides  libXv.so.1 so
>HelixPlayer package doesn't appear to be missing any deps at the
>moment

I'm using x86_64, not sure if that makes a difference.

>> Error: Missing Dependency: libssl.so.5 is needed by package w3c-libwww
>> Error: Missing Dependency: libcrypto.so.5 is needed by package
>> w3c-libwww
> w3c-libwww removed from the tree

So...what Obsoleted it?

-Steve