Dependency problems not reported

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 15:50:00 UTC 2005

On 11/16/05, Florian La Roche <laroche at redhat.com> wrote:
> > There are packaging problems not being reported by the automatic rawhide report.
> > The Obsoletes tag is supposed to take care of this removal or upgrades may not
> > work correctly. Not sure if there's a way to automatically detect that Obsolete
> > tags are not covering everything they need to.
>
> pyrpm can list those "left-over rpms" if you compare to previous
> releases/trees.

Does it just confirm that the package is no longer available? I don't
see how you can script a tool that answers the question "Should have
this been obsoleted"  Not everything that drops out of rawhide gets
obsoleted by something.. it can just disappear...without there being a
packaging problem that needs to be addressed.

-jef