init: API

Gilboa Davara gilboada at netvision.net.il
Thu Nov 17 17:28:33 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-11-17 at 10:11 -0500, Dimi Paun wrote:
> From: "Gilboa Davara" <gilboada at netvision.net.il>
> > How the API will look in the end, is less important at this point.
> > Gilboa
>
> Sure, but that's the topic of this thread :) I'm not claiming
> it's the most important aspect, but it's important and it doesn't
> seem to be addressed by any of the current proposals.
>
> --
> Dimi Paun <dimi at lattica.com>
> Lattica, Inc.

Agreed.
However, there seem to be bigger discussion (in the "init observation"
thread) about whether there's a need to replace the init system to begin
with.
I agree that the init.d system is very old and slow.
However, I rather not have a C/CPP based system that I cannot edit in 3
seconds, which I want to change something.

Gilboa