ZFS.

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Fri Nov 18 17:57:19 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-11-18 at 13:08 +0100, Stefan Held wrote:
> I did not get the point where the CDDL is GPL incompatible.
> Maybe you mean the GPL does not allow to have other licenses.

As found at http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/license-list.html

Common Development and Distribution License (CDDL)

        This is a free software license which is not a strong copyleft;
        it has some complex restrictions that make it incompatible with
        the GNU GPL. It requires that all attribution notices be
        maintained, while the GPL only requires certain types of
        notices. Also, it terminates in retaliation for certain
        aggressive uses of patents. So, a module covered by the GPL and
        a module covered by the CDDL cannot legally be linked together.
        We urge you not to use the CDDL for this reason.

        Also unfortunate in the CDDL is its use of the term
        "intellectual property"

--
Jesse Keating RHCE      (http://geek.j2solutions.net)
Fedora Legacy Team      (http://www.fedoralegacy.org)