init: API

Gilboa Davara gilboada at netvision.net.il
Sun Nov 20 09:28:21 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-11-19 at 13:32 -0800, Kenneth Porter wrote:
> --On Saturday, November 19, 2005 9:17 AM -0800 Toshio Kuratomi
> <toshio at tiki-lounge.com> wrote:
>
> > Not in a recovery situation where /usr is unavailable, though.
>
> You can boot a fairly full-featured rescue system from a USB key. A GB key
> costs about $80. I'd hope libxml takes less space than that!
>
> <http://featherlinux.berlios.de/usb-instructions.htm>
>
> <http://openfacts.berlios.de/index-en.phtml?title=Linux_bootable_USB_key_HOWTO>

Let me see if got you base idea.
In order to get better looking (!!!) configuration for the service
manager you are essentially forcing Fedora core user, who wish to
recover a dead OS to:
A. Buy a USB disk.
B. Replace old machine with no vacant/non-existing USB sockets.
C. Create a special recovery version of said Linux.
D. Stop using serial and/or remote access tools to the machine and/or
get someone with access to said machine to stick the USB key into the
said machine.

Seriously., please tell me, did you bother to read what you wrote,
before pressing that send button, or did the need to win this argument
derailed you completely?

If you are so sold on the intent of having a XML configuration, find
ways to integrate them into the FC recovery system and them post your
solution.

Gilboa