Broken video drivers in new modular X

Steve G linux_4ever at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 21 14:19:02 UTC 2005

>When i use the vesa driver i see things like that too. The icons of
>applications have the wrong colors (looks like R and G and B are
>switched) and they are also at the wrong place (shifted 20 pixels or
>so).

I'm seeing nearly the same thing. The icons on the top tool bar overlap each
other, Icons on the desktop seem to have a green shadow around them, when you
mouse over them the icon shifts to the right with occasional garbage to the right
of the icon, when you open a window you get a dark shadow to the right of the
terminal, when you drag a window around the screen, it leaves garbage where the
window used to be.

In my opinion, X is now unusable. I truly hope Test1 is not going out with an
unusable X system since that is likely to be the majority of the feedback we will
get.

-Steve