'everything' install option in FC5test1

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Sat Nov 26 15:35:54 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-11-26 at 14:32 +0000, Willem Riede wrote:
> On 11/26/2005 12:50:26 AM, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> > On Fri, 2005-11-25 at 23:56 +0200, Marius Andreiana wrote:
> > > It seems that with Everything install option gone in FC5 test1, one
> > > cannot install all packages from CD. I'm still downloading it so I
> > > cannot test by myself yet, but Jeremy's reply suggests it won't be added
> > > back (how are the package groups handled with multiple repositories?).
> >
> > Everything is a bit of a disaster in a lot of ways.  Some people think
> > that it shouldn't include language-specific packages.  Some people think
> > it should.  With multiple repositories, should it include all of the
> > packages from all of the repositories?  What happens if there are
> > conflicts?  And that's in addition to mattdm's helpful comments in the
> > bug :)
>
> That one is solvable by calling it "everything from core" and having a
> follow-up dialog to select language(s)...
>
> As if you didn't have enough to do :-)

here's an idea - rather than having all this stuff in anaconda, why not
just install a 'workstation' or 'minimal' system. boot it up then run:
yum install  '*'

to your little hearts content.

Then you can clutter up your own system as much as you  want w/o having
to add confusing features and useless buttons into anaconda.

-sv