status of up2date and rhn-applet

Willem Riede wrrhdev at riede.org
Sat Nov 26 16:47:35 UTC 2005

On 11/26/2005 12:39:07 AM, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-11-25 at 10:54 +0100, Joachim Frieben wrote:
> > "up2date-gnome" has a very clear, informative interface. You start with a
> > channel windows that allows you review the available channels and to make
> > your choice. Very nice, indeed.
>
> Why would you want to not download updates from all repositories you
> have configured?  Or at least see what's available.  The fact that the
> updates come from multiple repositories is a detail that I don't think
> users really want to / should need to care about.

Maybe I shouldn't care, but I do. As an example, with all due respect to its
creator, the atrpms repository holds both packages I want (unique
functionality) and that I don't want (core replacements). Unfortunately that
means I can never do a blind cross-the-board upgrade from all the sources I've
identified.

Regards, Willem Riede.