Modern Update System

Benjy Grogan benjy.grogan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 04:19:03 UTC 2005

Please, this is ridiculous.  Of course it's possible.  You make a decision:
i) will a few patches be small/easy to install ii) should i generate a
unified patch for this user iii) situation is so bad, just send a whole new
rpm...  and there the repository has done some work and come up with the
best solution for you.  ... and yes, there are many more decisions.. such as
cross-package decisions etc...  but this is an absolute must for the next
gen linux distros.

What's Redhat doing?  What's Novell doing?

Microsoft has their solution, and there's a much better solution out there
for Linux.

... and the Anaconda idea.. where it checks to see if there is a new rpm
available before instalingl Fedora is good too.

Benjy,
AWWTF