Modern Update System

Benjy Grogan benjy.grogan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 05:32:32 UTC 2005

Well, that's fuckin' awesome.  Someone could tag Openoffice to use the yum
plugin if they wanted it to be updated using the deltas approach and save
100 MB just like that.

Implementing the delta updates with the yum plugin is perfect.  I'm going to
follow this up and see what I can learn.  I hope there are others out there
as well that are interested in working on this.  It's not my idea, but
definitely needed your comments below to move this idea forward.

If a few different methods were available for updating rpms then there could
be another level that automates the decision making to look for the most
feasible method to use.

Benjy,
AWWTF