OpenType .otf fonts and printing

James Cloos cloos+redhat-fedora-devel at jhcloos.com
Tue Oct 11 21:47:19 UTC 2005

>>>>> "Michael" == Michael A Peters <mpeters at mac.com> writes:

Michael> lcdf-typetools is now in Fedora Extras and in fact is what I
Michael> have been using to use otf fonts in LaTeX quite
Michael> succesfully. I have used it to make Type1 fonts for system
Michael> use - though I ran into some oddities with some fonts - such
Michael> as Helvetica having some numbers (1 and 2) superscript when
Michael> they shouldn't be.

Adobe's Std series of otf fonts should have glyphs named /one.superior,
/two.superior and /three.superior in additon to the /one, /two and
/three glyphs since those superiors exist in the latin1 and
adobestandard encoding vectors.

Why anything should be using the superior when the lining are
requested is a good question.  W/o the fonts I cannot make a guess.

What version of the typetools is in extras?  2.35 is current.

-JimC
--
James H. Cloos, Jr. <cloos at jhcloos.com>