Tiger integration in Fedora

Felipe Alfaro Solana felipe.alfaro at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 00:14:15 UTC 2005

> Exactly. The point of Tiger is to run regular checks, like which
> processes are listening to the network, which process use deleted
> files, check for suspicious files and directories in various places (like
> /tmp/.x), check which account seem to be dormant, check the content
> of crontabs, etc...etc...
> while Bastille locks down a machine once (and, hopefully, for all).

I can't agree with you on this: I usually run Bastille on critical
systems after upgrading or installing software, since I tend to change
permissions on some executables I dislike. Also, I run Bastille from
time to time on non-critical system to recheck that everything is in
place.

I don't think of Bastille as a one-shot tool.