FC4 state of affairs and FC5

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Wed Sep 7 15:26:04 UTC 2005

On Wed, Sep 07, 2005 at 05:54:41PM +0300, Gilboa Davara wrote:
> FC4 users cannot use their Palm and a full fix is no where to be seen.

Or bluetooth phones properly. FC4 was not the greatest Fedora, as a Red
Hat developer I've actually gone back to FC3 for most stuff.

Having said that - long slow stable releases - see RHEL, see Centos etc

> And python python-gtksourceview, while fixed in rawhide, will not making
> it (at least to my knowledge) into FC4.

But do the fixes depend on other incompatible updates ? Certainly some updates
are easy for rawhide and hard for FC[old] because they require a whole chain of
other changes

> I may be wrong here, isn't the lvm problem big enough to require ISO
> remaster?

Nothing is stopping anyone making new ISO images with the fixes, nor putting
up FC4 "old gnome-pilot" packages.

Alan