Anaconda fault modes

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Mon Sep 19 00:53:52 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-09-18 at 20:08 -0400, G.Wolfe Woodbury wrote:
> I add my voice to Willem's
>
> Anaconda is a major componenet in getting the system installed, it
> should "Just work"(TM)

Yes, in a released version of Fedora, you are right.

In a development version, then you can expect breakages.

> I uderstand that there is major work being done on it now, and I hope
> that the anaconda folks are reading the fedora-test-list where I will be
> posting the results of my continuing attempts to do installs of rawhide.

While I'm sure that they may be read here, please post these problems to
bugzilla (search first) so that they are logged somewhere useful.  It's
a known problem that anaconda doesn't work, so it's likely that the
problems you're having are already in the bug database.

> I have plenty of time to spend on this now, and a decent test machine to
> use, so I'm back in the fold of testers on a regular basis.

Great.  Just don't forget bugzilla.

 It's much better on my side"