SATA performance drop from FC4 to rawhide..?

Thomas M Steenholdt tmus at tmus.dk
Mon Sep 19 22:54:27 UTC 2005

Alan Cox wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 09:28:58PM +0200, Thomas M Steenholdt wrote:
>
>>I didn't try -c, but hdparm -d /dev/hda throws an error indication that
>>the ioctl is not implemented.
>

> The SATA driver didnt get loaded and somehow the PATA generic IDE driver
> grabbed the device. So it won't support anything

I tried building a custom initrd --with a series of modules that I
thought might fix exactly the kind of scenario you describe. I didn't
get it to work though but that might be because i was using the wrong
set of modules.

How could/should this be fixed? what modules provides/supports the sata
driver?

Any ideas?

Thanks

/Thomas