rawhide report: 20050923 changes

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 16:01:06 UTC 2005

On 9/23/05, Brian Millett <bmillett at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-09-23 at 07:40 -0400, Build System wrote:
>
> > New package gnome-screensaver
> >       GNOME Sreensaver
>
> Cool, but is there a way to configure this other than editing
> the /usr/share/gnome-screensaver/themes/*.xml files by hand?  I do not
> have xscreensaver* packages installed.

grrrr.... we had this discussion in fedora-maintainers list..exactly
about this package.

If gnome-screensaver  provides "xscreensaver" then the
"xscreensaver-base" package is removed from the system on
install/updates of gnome-screensaver.  I have to ask... is
xscreensaver-base package going to be removed from rawhide?

If these two packages are suppose to co-exist on system.. the
packaging of xscreensaver-base and gnome-screensaver AND
control-center needs to be re-thought. Because as these packages are
provided right now... you can't easily have both xscreensaver-base and
gnome-screensaver at the same time. The obsoletes of "xscreensaver" in
xscreensaver-base complicates the situation.

-jef