dbus-qt bindings being dropped from Rawhide

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Fri Sep 23 17:46:47 UTC 2005

Hey guys,

A little while ago I was urged by some to include the dbus-qt bindings
in core so that Konqueror could take advantage of HAL.  It seems that
the Qt3 bindings are being dropped upstream in favor of the Qt4
bindings.  The thread for this is here:

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dbus/2005-September/003403.html

I am therefor dropping the package as there is no maintainer upstream
for it.  It has been suggested that Konqueror only uses a small subset
of the bindings and that those portions could be ported to and
maintained in hal-ioslave.  If you feel this is important to you I would
file bugs upstream with the ioslave developers and point them to the
above mentioned thread.

I will pull the subpackage next Friday so anyone with packages that
depends on it (which should be few to none since I had just enabled it)
have a weeks reprieve.