Lag on kernel-devel-2.6.12-1.1378_FC3?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Thu Sep 29 19:15:04 UTC 2005

Philip Prindeville wrote:

> Ok, did someone forget to release the kernel-devel RPM at the same time
> as the new kernel for FC3?  I'm trying to build new DRM modules for the
> X server, but can't, because yum updated me from kernel-2.6.12-1.1376_FC3
> to 2.6.12-1.1378_FC3, but left me with kernel-devel-2.6.12-1.1376_FC3
> because no update was available...
>
> -Philip

FC3 was never supposed to have a kernel-devel package as they are within
the kernel package itself. One of the updates accidentally pulled it in.
This has subsequently been reverted.  If you have need the headers just
install the updated kernel package and you would have it

http://www.livejournal.com/users/kernelslacker/25677.html

regards
Rahul