Fedora's way forward

Gilboa Davara gilboad at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 05:13:55 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-03-31 at 21:40 -0700, Dax Kelson wrote:
> [...]

/+5 Funny ;)

I second the above.
Making Fedora (or Linux for that matter) idiot free will only create a
second, semi-open-source, Windows.
If a user can't be bothered to read a FAQ, google for help, or, heaven
forbids, learn how to configure pirut/yum/rpm, he shouldn't be using
Fedora (or Linux).
Come to think about it, unless this user's computer is being actively
administered by someone else, he shouldn't be using a computer to being
with. (If it does, then his administrator is perfectly capable of
installing nonfree codecs, nVidia/ATI drivers, etc on its own. No need
to dumb down Fedora)

I'm all for making Fedora easier to use.
I just don't want Fedora to end up looking, behaving (and ultimately,
crashing) like Windows.

Gilboa