yum + mulitarch + updates

Ian Burrell ianburrell at gmail.com
Sun Apr 2 21:55:29 UTC 2006

On 4/1/06, dragoran <dragoran at feuerpokemon.de> wrote:
> I have noticed that when I have package foo-1.0.i386 installed and some
> other (x86_64) repo has foo-1.1.x86_64 yum updates foo and removes the
> i386 one.
> (livna mplayerplug-in was it here).
> Updates should not be crossarch a i386 package should only be updated to
> a i386 one (same for x86_64).
> Any reason for doing this? Or is this a bug thats needs to be filled?

Can you give an actual example?

Also, did you change your /etc/yum.conf file?  There is a setting,
exactarch, which controls whether yum will upgrade to across
architectures.  The default is exactarch=1.  It is even more strict
than x86_64/i386; it won't upgrade between glibc.i386 and glibc.i686
for exampe.

 - Ian