Broken dep chains (Was Evolution)

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Tue Apr 4 14:56:55 UTC 2006

Hi all,

Jeff Spaleta wrote:

> -jef"though my candidate for wackiest depchain in Core right now is
> rhythmbox's dependancy on totem through the libtotem-plparser.so.1
> library"spaleta

Yes it seems there are many interesting dep chains like this some
solvable some not the above one would be solvabel by putting the .so in
  a seperate -libs package.

Maybe we should have a wiki page where wacked dep chains can be posted
when encountered and then if some one feels like doing something about
this he has a place to look them up, or should we just bugzilla them
all? Jeff did you bugzilla your example? If not shouldn't you?

Regards,

Hans