Move Evolution to Extras?

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Tue Apr 4 19:16:28 UTC 2006

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-04-04 at 11:32 -0700, Ian Burrell wrote:
>> I put in a bug (178155) a while ago with a patch split the conduits
>> into an evolution-pilot subpackage.
>
> While thats nice, it doesn't help in this regard.  It is a subpackage of
> the main evolution source rpm.  That means that the source rpm cannot go
> outside the Fedora build system.  Not until we made modifications to how
> packages are brought in and how we look at the distribution.
>
> As it stands, it is not feasible to move Evolution outside of Core.
> This may change in the (near?) future, but that is left to be seen.

Agreed but that is still no excuse for the sometimes somewhat bizarre
dep chains. If a package functions fine (although feature limited)
without something and putting this something in launches a (long) extra
depchain and the part which requires this can be seperated into a
subpackage it should be a in subpackage.

Regards,

Hans