updating stage2.img

Aggarwal, VikasX vikasx.aggarwal at intel.com
Wed Apr 5 22:26:43 UTC 2006

Hi,

      I am trying to insert  a utility  into stage2.img  for FC5-test3,
this utility will be run by  slightly modified anaconda installer
(version 10.12.14).

      So far I could not  get my utility inside stage2.img.

       1)  I  tried it doing manually but   "buildinstall'  will
replace it.

       2)  If I try to update stage2.img manually after running
buildinstalll, then NFS boot  from boot.iso complains that install-tree
does'nt  match. Timestamp changed ?

       3)  Adding my utility in  upd-instroot  script should make it
available in stage2.img,   I tried but add to my frustration its not
there when I boot from install disk1.

      Please provide me with the procedure for building the custom
distro  for fc5,  I need to insert a tool into stage2.img and  installer
will run that utility.

      Appreciate your help in this

Thanks

-vikas aggarwal