Update notification applet for FC?

Marius Andreiana mandreiana.lists at gmail.com
Sat Apr 8 15:53:25 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-04-08 at 14:57 +0200, Joachim Frieben wrote:
> FC3 was the last release to include a working update notifier for the GNOME
> panel. This also holds in the case of current FC rawhide. Are there plans to
> fill this gap? Right now, this constitutes a major lack of functionality.
You exaggerate. If you want automatic updates, enable yum in Services.
If you want manual, open Software Updater. That's it. Yet another
notifier is not needed.

In older FC versions I always distributed a modified default gnome
session to remove the update notification applet which annoys people
during work.

--
Marius Andreiana