FC6 faster boot

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 16:05:24 UTC 2006

On 4/10/06, David Nielsen <david at lovesunix.net> wrote:
> Working hibernation/suspend is nice but it will not restart services
> that crashed, it does not solve dependency problems, it also doesn't
> provide us with dbus methods of getting more information and control.
>
> I think we do need both.

And these issues are completely orthogonal to speed of a full boot.
An init system replacement should be focusing on exactly the problems
you mention here.. and whether speed of a full boot is helped or
suffers to fix these functionality issue is a secondary optimization
issue.  We need these functionality issues solved, we don't need
boottime heavily optimized.

-jef