Where is my "everything" gone?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed Apr 12 16:26:02 UTC 2006

On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 16:42:39 +0100,
  Jose' Matos <jamatos at fc.up.pt> wrote:
> On Wednesday 12 April 2006 16:33, Olivier Galibert wrote:
> > You guys are nuts.  Time for me to find a way to migrate us out of
> > fedora to something sane.
>
>   Last time in the discussion that lead to that decision "Everything" meant
> different things to different people. What is your definition of
> everything? :-)

I expected it would have included mt-st. I was a bit surprised when I tried
to rewind my tape drive and there was no mt command.
There was some other program I expected to be installed (I installed everything
I could during the initial install), but wasn't, but I don't remember what
it was. I was able to find an rpm for it as well (as mt) on the DVD.iso.
So despite doing as close to an everything install as I could, I found there
were two things that were on the DVD iso that I wanted to use that weren't
installed.