Where is my "everything" gone?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Apr 12 17:29:51 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-04-12 at 19:25 +0200, Jos Vos wrote:

> AFAIK (unless this has changed recently): all languages are always
> installed, as Anaconda has commented out the RPM language selection
> since long ago.  I was surprised to see this too, but it is true
> (again, unless changed back in the meantime).  (This does not
> apply to language-specific packages, IIRC, but to language-specific
> files in a package.)
>
> But language and package selection are not related to each other,
> you can also do an "everything" install in one language :-).

No, not all languages are installed, nor fonts for all languages.  And
once you get to 'Everything, but in my language', you're not in
Everything land again, you're in some weird "What I consider to be
everything", and frankly, we're tired of playing that game.

You can select packages, you can use globs in kickstart.  You can get
exactly what you want.  End of story.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora