Where is my "everything" gone?

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Wed Apr 12 17:46:10 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-04-12 at 19:29 +0200, Olivier Galibert wrote:
> Personally, yes.  The lab has people coming and going from everywhere
> in the world, and half of the people I work with did studies in
> linguistics.  And most of the research we do has "multilingual-able"
> as a requirement.

Thank you for proving my point.  Your everything includes languages,
another user's everything does not.  So, really, instead of playing
symatics with what "everything" should mean to every user, we just let
them select the packages they want and be done with hit.  We give
kickstart the ability to use globs.  Problem solved.

Gets even more fun when Extras is involved, or other repos.  Then is it
everything in the repo, everything in these repos, everything in these
repos minus languages, so on and so forth.