Move Evolution to Extras?

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Wed Apr 12 18:13:46 UTC 2006

Lamont R. Peterson wrote:
> Well, if you put that many specific requirements into pot, then of course
> you're going to be right.  If you drop just GNOME from "Gnome
> email+calendar+addressbook+task management", then there are options.  If you
> take out all the +s, then you can find individual GNOME apps that
> collectively provide all those capabilities, albeit not in a tightly
> integrated fashion.

If there are individual Gnome apps that provide these things, I am
unaware of them. Please share! I'd gladly dump Evo for something(s)
better, but I have yet to see anything with equivalent functionality.
Evolution's monolithic nature is very un-unixlike, even Mozilla has been
splitting things out.

However the last thing we (Or I, at any rate) want to do is lose this:
http://actsofvolition.com/archives/2004/july/simpledesktop