yum rudeness

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Fri Apr 14 16:01:25 UTC 2006

> On Thu, 2006-04-13 at 11:41 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> >
> > Then in /etc/yum.conf for fc5 keepcache=0
> >
> > I thought, but I can't find the note, that this was mentioned in the
> > release notes.
>
> Missed the string freeze. Will be in an errata
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Beats/PackageNotes

IMO, a better policy would be to leave keepcache=1 in place, but then
add to the daily or weekly cron job:

yum clean packages

Long-term it's the same, but it's better for those who actually use the
cache for various purposes. It might also reduce the load on the Fedora
yum mirrors in cases some people are playing with repeated package
install/deinstall.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/